My application has an IntentService which runs periodically to
download data from a remote server. The download task is run inside an
AsyncTask which has reference to Application context only.

The data downloaded is for entire application and is displayed across
four different activities. When the download completes(AsyncTask
completes) the service is notified of the same. Now, the service needs
to notify appropriate activity to update its view. The service is not
aware of which Activity of what application is in foreground.

How do I make that connection? How does the service pass a message to
the activity in foreground that new data is available and it should
update its views?

Please help.

Thanks.