On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Greg Siano <gregmsi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've done some testing myself and noticed that when a new instance of the
> app is opened after pressing 'Home' then starting the app again, pressing
> the 'back' key will go back to the original instance of the app that was
> opened. This means that the original instance of the app was not killed,
> but a new one was just opened over it.  Has anyone else experience something
> like this? or know what could be going on?

Not sure if it explains what you're seeing, but if an Activity is started
with the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag, it will, of course, start a new
instance on the Activity stack for your app. You can reproduce this by
launching your app, pressing Home, going to Market, open you app from there,
then press back. You should notice two instances of your Activity.

As William suggests, review launch modes - "SINGLE_TASK" in particular I
think you'll want to play with.