Hi feiweiss,

Yes, that's what I want to do. Exclusive lock on the camera which can
be only unlocked by user through a pin. But I realised that by doing a
Camera.open() it holds on to the camera resourses and other
applications cannot use it but Android releases the camera after a
short while and this method is also battery draining.

I trying to find a better way to acheive it but couldn't find any
methods yet. Is there a way to do this?

What I want to do is similar to setting restrictions functions
available in iPhone. In iPhone it is part of the OS, here I am trying
to do the same thing but in a form of app. The user can still kill the
application though. Nothing like what Filip has mentioned :)

Thanks and Regards,
Perumal