I was able to fix the problem.
The issue was that i did not have the context instance in my callback class.

I created a constructor where I got the context from the service class.

Using that I was able to call the application activity class.
Also I had to use
myIntent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK); for starting the task..

This was my constructor in the callback class
    private VServiceCallBack(Context iContext)
    {
        context = iContext;
    }

And according to the arguments received,

    {
        Intent appView = new Intent(context, AppView.class);
        appView .addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
        context.startActivity(appView );
    }

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help..

Priyank