Hi,thanks for your suggestions
I have a lot of images to show as slide show,I did it using thread
concepts in which a slide show thread continuously updates the UI for
every 10 seconds(time interval between images) using handler, when
user touches and moves his finger(horizontally towards left/right ) on
the screen then the slide show should forward/backward images, I tried
to accomplish it by implementing onTouch() method in OnTouchListener .
But I did not get smooth swipe at all..please correct me...here is my
code..
        public boolean onTouch(View v, MotionEvent event) {
                switch (event.getAction()) {
                case MotionEvent.ACTION_DOWN:
                        firstX=event.getX();//firstX is instance variable
                        break;
                case MotionEvent.ACTION_MOVE:
                      if(firstX - event.getX() > SWIPE_DISTANCE){         //
SWIPE_DISTANCE value 120)
                                /*  here the code to show the next
image by updating UI using handler and stops the slide show
                                   thread for 10 secs after that the
slide show thread will starts again*/
                         }else if( event.getX()-firstX  >
SWIPE_DISTANCE){
                    /*  here the code to show the previous image by
updating UI using handler and stops the slide show
                                    thread for 10 secs after that the
slide show thread will starts again*/
                           }
                }