You can make one test package that is capable of testing several
applications, but it can only test one app at a time. For each new app
you want to test, you have to update AndroidManifest.xml to point to
the new target app, re-build the test package, and re-install it.

What is your use case? Do you have a set of unit tests that you want
to apply to different apps? This is a bit unusual, but conceivable.
You could do this in a shell script. First install all your apps using
"adb install", then use "sed" or "awk" to modify the
AndroidManifest.xml in the test project, build the test package, use
"adb -r" to install it, and then "adb shell am instrument" to run the
test and see the results. The last command is documented in the
Android 2.2 Developer's Guide, under Guide > Developing > Testing >
Testing in Other IDEs.

The Elk.