Sharing and re-using other people's code without their permission is
not part of the philosophy.  Generally, when someone grants permission
as a practical matter they also make the source code available.

With regard to the technical question, the file is in some kind of
quasi unicode binary format.  If you get a program called apktool it
can extract and repack the xml files, resources, and bytecode,
translating between binary and plain text forms.