Does Sound Recorder application also save recorded audio in a raw
format?

I'm recording using Sound Recorder, the file is saved (it's on sdcard
and also showed in logcat is being stored) but if I try to open the
file from Music application, the file I recorded is not even shown in
the play list. Could that be related?

Rgrds,
Misa