Just my 2 cents but JDOM is inherently slower than other XML
processors and on a mobile platform that's usually not what you want,
you should use SAX or something that's built into the API (if
possible).

I know using SAX and some other methods are a bit more work however if
you're parsing on a mobile platform your users will appreciate it.