I wonder if he meant 'Service' instead of 'Server'. Then the question
would at least be cogently phrased. But if he really meant 'Server',
then he probably does not realize he has to set up his own code to
access the server over the Net, isolated from the main UI thread. If
he wants to do that as a separate application component, as a Service,
then that is up to him. Then he can send messages back and forth
between the UI and the Service with Intents, but that will probably be
inadequate for passing data back. So he might be better off shuffling
all the Server/Http stuff to an AsyncTask in the same Application. I
don't see how we can tell him which way is best to go without knowing
more about the service served by the server.

But what we do know is that he needs to study the fundamentals before
he can do any of this. Maybe Google should make it the "official
motto" for this Google group: "век живи, век учись!"