On 27 August 2010 17:53, Chris Stewart <cstewart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm understanding your first sentence, I'm at work and cannot test it for
> myself right now.
> I'm not sure what you're saying beyond that point.

I am talking about asymmetric key cryptography which is also used to sign
apps. All you need is you private (secret) key. It's in your keystore
file (which simply can holds more private keys than one. If you (or
anyone) can have your private key and know the passphrase s/he
will be able to sign "on behalf" of you and nobody will catch the
difference. So you only need the key or keystore copied/moved
to other machine.

PS: that's why it's important to keep private secure and have strong
passphrase. Once both leak you're in trouble.

More on wikipedia if you are not familiar with cryptgraphy subjects:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-key_cryptography