Is there (or should there be), a generateId() method for dynamically
generated Views?
Take the RadioGroup example in APIDemos|App|Views. Radio buttons are
added dynamically.
For each button, you have to call setId().
To be notified when a radio button is selected, you register a
onCheckedChange listener on RadioGroup and the callback method is
oncheckedChange(RadioGroup, int checkedId).
Since we are notified only the id of the checked view, shouldn't there
be a way to uniquely generate the id? Say, a View.generateId()
method...
In the example, the ids are statically defined in ids.xml. However
this limits the number of  radio buttons.
I have a real world example too: a Radiogroup with each choice
representing a Wifi hotspot. So one cannot know in advance the number
of hotspots.
-
Anil