Bobbie wrote:
> I have the latest SDK download and the SDK throws errors when I try to
> use "getCurrentLocation", I can only use "getLastKnownLocation" and
> can only get a "network" location, can't even get a GPS location
> (which is what I want)...

It works just fine with GPS.

> What's the deal here?  Was this deprecated or something?

getCurrentLocation() was removed. My guess is that they didn't want this
to be a blocking call, waiting for GPS to get a fix.

 > I have tried sample code and everything and it throws
> an error before I can even launch the code...?

You didn't provide us with the error message. You didn't provide us with
sample source code that raises the error message. As a result, it is
somewhat difficult to provide concrete assistance.

Generally speaking, you need to do two things:

1. Ensure you have the appropriate permissions (e.g.,
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION) in your AndroidManifest.xml file.

2. Ensure somebody is asking your desired location provider for updates,
otherwise getLastKnownLocation() may be perpetually null.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com

Android Training on the Ranch! -- Mar 16-20, 2009
http://www.bignerdranch.com/schedule.shtml