I think its going to be very difficult to prevent applications without
network or sms permissions from leaking any data they can obtain to
the outside world by means of another application that does have those
permissions.

Its even possible for an application without network permissions to
infrequently upload quite a bit of data via the default web browser.
On install they can just send an intent to view a webpage containing
something innocent like a welcome, help, or changelog web page for
their app, while quietly shoving 100+ lines of whatever through extra
post data for older android releases or extra header data for newer
ones.

Its not immediately apparent how one would detect this,  unless it
happens on wifi and you log http traffic or your mobile provider is
inspecting packets.