Hi,

 I'm developing an application for Android 2.2 that should send an SMS
immediately when the phone starts ringing (under UMTS/GSM).  I'm using
the android.telephony.SmsManager.sendTextMessage for sending the SMS.

 The app is working fine under the emulator, i.e. when I call the
emulator phone from another emulator, the SMS is sent instantly.
However, when I'm testing the application on HTC Desire, the SMS
sending only succeeds after the phone has stopped ringing.

 Is there anything that could be done about this or is it just a
restriction of the HTC Desire device? Seems strange as it's working
fine under emulator and it shouldn't be a restriction of the network..