You're welcome, you may also want this if you plan on targeting
devices with Android prior to 2.2

Add this line before you start initializing anything (this bug is
documented in the forum but not easy to find, otherwise you see that
every other response will not be returned properly, it doesn't hurt to
leave it for all versions):

System.setProperty("http.keepAlive", "false");