Hi.

I'm currently working on one issue in Froyo. Basically, the problem is
that whenever I tap the progress bar in the Gallery app to do a seek,
you can hear an audio frame play two or even three times after
repositioning. After some debugging, I found out that this is due to a
condition located in mediaplayer.cpp in frameworks/base/media/
libmedia. The condition is the following:

    case MEDIA_SEEK_COMPLETE:
        LOGV("Received seek complete");
        if (mSeekPosition != mCurrentPosition) {
            LOGV("Executing queued seekTo(%d)", mSeekPosition);
            mSeekPosition = -1;
            seekTo_l(mCurrentPosition);
        }
        else{
            LOGV("All seeks complete - return to regularly scheduled
program");
            mCurrentPosition = mSeekPosition = -1;
        }
        break;

What I'm understanding from this snippet (and probed) is that after
the video codec finishes repositioning, it reports back to the media
player, which checks the current position of the progress bar cursor
and if it is different from the target position, it calls the seek
function again until both variables are equal. This creates a "bounce
effect" in the audio track as for some reason with just a small tap on
the progress bar, it  detects two or three changes. My question is if
there is any property that can be set on the video progressBar object,
so it has a delay between seeks so it doesn't detect so many taps, or
any way to reduce the resolution of the bar, or anything you can think
that it could help with this issue.

- Thanks.

Alex.