1) Make an xml file in res with a base version number

3) devise some clever and cryptic combination of sed and other
commands to increment it

4) add this incantation of stark un*x awesomeness to your eclipse
project as a custom builder

5) sit around all day playing nethack and periodically clicking the
clean button so you look productive

6) use yes to launch nethack, then a little program when you die that
sends a mouseclick event to eclipse to clean your project