I appear to have found a bug in the Adreno 200 OpenGL driver which is
used on the HTC Desire (among others). Specifically, if you're using a
32-bit config, and you call glReadPixels(), it crashes.

I've got a bug containing a test case here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=10825

I've tried this on two different kinds of device with the same OpenGL
driver and it dies reliably on both --- but on a third device with a
different driver it succeeds.

It's interesting to note that the Khronos OpenGLES conformance tests use
glReadPixels() a lot to check that the tests drew the right thing on the
screen; which suggests that this driver never managed to pass the
conformance tests in the first place...

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL