I am attempting to attach a small amount of meta data to existing
contacts and have chosen to do this by implementing my won raw contact
account type and custom data row mime type.  I do not need to have any
special sync backend so the account manager system does not seem
relevant however this has me wondering if there is anything  special
that must be done to declare the mime types I am using.

For example, if I want to insert new raw contacts of type
"org.devtcg.foo", is there any registry I must participate in to
ensure these records are stable on the device?  In testing and looking
at the ContactsProvider2 source it seems like nothing special is
required but it is difficult to prove for sure.

Any help from someone in the know on the account and contacts system
would be greatly appreciated.