On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Bret Foreman <bret.fore...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried changing it to the name of the layout and got an exception
> saying "java.lang.IllegalStateException: ArrayAdapter requires
> the resource ID to be a TextView".

You are using the ArrayAdapter(Context context, int
textViewResourceId) constructor. That second parameter is:

"The resource ID for a layout file containing a TextView to use when
instantiating views."

Now, you have two choices:

1. Get rid of the LinearLayout from your row XML, since it is doing
you no good, and have your layout purely be a TextView. Then, pass
R.layout.whateverthebloodyhellitis to the constructor.

2. Switch to the ArrayAdapter(Context context, int resource, int
textViewResourceId) constructor, where you tell it *both* the
R.layout.whateverthebloodyhellitis and R.id.chooseTableRowTextView to
the constructor.

To put it another way, if you aren't telling the ArrayAdapter to use
this layout file, how do you think it is going to know to use it?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in London: http://skillsmatter.com/go/os-mobile-server