Dear all

how can I do this:

I'm trying to find a way to open resources which name is determined at
runtime only.

Let me explain in more details

I want to have a XML that references a bunch of other XML files in the
application apk.

for the purpose of explaining lets say the main XML is main.xml and
the other XML are file1.xml file2.xml...fileX.xml...

what i want is to read main.xml, extract the name of the xml I want
(fileX.xml) for example. and then read fileX.XML.

the problem I face is that what I extract form main.xml is a string
and I can't find a way to change that to R.raw.nameOfTheFile

Anybody has an idea?

ps: I don't want to:
- regroup everything in one huge XML file
- hardcode main.xml in a huge switch case that links a number/string
to the resource id

Best Regards

Jason Rogers