On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Mathias Lin <m...@mathiaslin.com> wrote:

> How can I 'achieve' that (setting a view hierarchy that wouldn't correctly
> resize)?

You make a broken view hierarchy that uses fixed sizes, so doesn't adjust to
the actual window size.  Again, not something I would recommend.

> But even if the view hierarchy would be correctly set, why would it resize
> at all? It shall not. I definitely didn't set any flag regarding window
> resizing, neither in code nor in xml.

This is how the IME works.  The only other option is pan mode, which causes
your window to stay the same size, but pans the contents if needed to make
it visible behind the IME.  This is probably not what you want.

> What's especially weird here:
> if I hide my ListView by setting it to View.INVISIBLE, so that it even
> takes the same space(!) as if it would when View.VISIBLE, the behaviour is
> different: the window does *not* resize.
> And all I did here was changing the visibility-attribute, no changes to any
> window attribute or flag regarding resizing.

Don't know what all is going on there.  You could try using hierarchyviewer
to see what is going on with your view hierarchy.  One possibility is that
you haven't explicitly set resize or pan mode, so the framework is trying to
infer this for you, and when the list view is invisible it considers it not
to be there and thus there not being any resizable parts of the window,
causing it to fall back to pan mode.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer