Maybe I need to try what you suggest to see it operate, but I'm not
sure I understand how this will work.

The reason is that the table has multiple rows with one string and one
button per TableRow. Adding a RadioGroup to a TableRow I would THINK
would have all of the RadioButtons on one row.

In other words, if you add all of the RadioButtons to a single
RadioGroup (which I understand needs to be done to get it to turn off
all RadioButtons that weren't the last one clicked), then add the
group to a TableRow, then how will it display just one button on that
row? Do you add the RadioGroup to each row?

Thanks for your assistance BTW!