In any case, I meant binding the activity to the service using
bindService method without passing from the aidl.
In this way you will get direct access to the methods of the service
directly from the activity. In this way, I suppose you can pass the
service an interface to get called when your asynctask finished its
job.

Try to google for service binding examples.

Hope this helps (and I hope I am not saying bullshit as well :-) )

    Federico

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Donal Rafferty <draf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No luck :(
>
> ---
>
> package com.xxx.phone.ui;
>
> import android.media.Ringtone;
>
> interface ICallDialogActivity{
>     void sendRingTone(in RingTone aRingTone);
> }
>
> ---
>
> I get the red x beside the import and "coundn't find import for class
> android.media.Ringtone;"
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Donal Rafferty <draf...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Is that possible?
>> >
>> > I have a bind between my Service and the Activity at the minute but when
>> > try to change to aidl file to allow me pass the RingTone object it wont
>> > compile for me, saying RingTone and com.android.RingTone cannot be
>> > resolved/found
>>
>> Try android.media.Ringtone.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)