I really don't think he is the one missing the point. Your talk about
"supporting an arbitrary number of everything" is a straw-man
argument. Other than you, nobody proposed that in this thread.

What has been observed with 20-20 hindsight though, is that the
desirability of two SD cards should have been easy to foresee, as it
is much more useful than "an arbitrary number of everything". It is
much more useful, and for only a little extra hardware, than two
screens, for example. Or two keyboards.

Don't feel bad about Google failing to foresee this. Feel bad about
Google failing to realize you are big enough to admit this failure. It
is not THAT big a failure.