I have 3 projects:

Jarfile/   contains a bunch of Java classes that are put into a jar
Activity1/ contains an activity (and an AndroidManifest.xml)
Activity2/ contains a second activity  (and an AndroidManifest.xml)

When I try to build and debug Activity2, I get this error:

[2008-11-06 12:39:11 - Activity2] Error generating final archive:
duplicate entry: AndroidManifest.xml

Presumably, this is due to Activity1's xml file, but that is in
Activity1's directory tree, not Activity2's.

How am I to make this work?

tone