I do agree that more work needs to happen in the documentation space for
Android.  I don't recall the exact scenarios at this time, but I can say
that a number of times I was looking to do something specific but I only
found a small amount of information in the Dev Guide regarding what I was
after.  It was places like this mailing list, StackOverflow, and searches on
Google that yielded the details and samples I was after to bring it full
circle.

That said, I also created a full application that's relevant and useful to
thousands of people (in a niche market even) in a very short period of time.
 It's not the most complicated app ever, nor is it perfect, but it's a
non-trivial app with a decent following.  I had an initial version of the
app in the market in literally 1 week.  It was not feature (vision,
perhaps?) complete but it had enough to get the ball rolling and for users
to see the potential.  It was also not full of poor design and bugs as you
might expect from such a short development cycle on a new platform.

I think that speaks very well to the Android platform.  As does the fact
that since the initial release, I've deployed 12 updates over a span of 5
1/2 weeks.  On a side note, at work I have a huge Apple fanboy who likes to
compare the platforms, and I love tossing in the notion that I've deployed
13 versions of my app in such a short time frame, but I digress. :)

--
Chris Stewart
http://chriswstewart.com

Fantasy
Football<http://chriswstewart.com/android-applications/fantasy-football/>-
Android app for MFL fantasy football owners