Hi,

I'm trying to understand the layout engine for different screen sizes
and densities, to look into adding support for tablets in my apps.

I was under the impression that you could also have different layouts
based on screen density as well in android, and it would select the
appropriate one.

I have the following:

a layout-normal-mdpi directory with a layout.xml file.
a layout-normal-hdpi directory with a layout xml file with a different
layout for high density screens.

In my application manifest I have min SDK as 3,  target SDK as 5. I
have a supports-screens element and declare the following:

android:largeScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true"

I'm compiling against Android 2.2 library.

However, when I run an AVD that is in WVGA854 mode with a lcd.density
of 240, android isn't using my hdpi layout, it still uses my mdpi
layout. I don't know why and need help!

Thanks!

-niko