On Nov 5, 4:19 am, Karra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tried without luck at android-beginners...
>
> Is there any documentation on the built-in applications and how they
> can be extended? I have a couple of ideas for features that I would
> love to have as
> part the default address book application, but make little sense as a
> full blown application. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I know how you feel.  I want to tweak text notifications by displaying
them on the keyguard, but as far as i can tell, there isn't any way to
access that screen.  Very frustrating.

FWIW, I read that if you register the right receiver, then other apps
will pick up those intents and display them (if you install the
myspace app, the 'share picture' button has myspace as a new option).
Of course, you first have to know what intents they're sending, which
is a complete frustrating mystery in and of itself.