It would seem so. I would pay for an app or update or mod. This is
seriously almost a deal breaker for me. It started of as a deal maker
because no carrier has good reception at my house or at my work.
However, I have wifi access at both locations. WiFi calling was going
to seal the deal. I can't see buying one for my entire family now with
out testing reception first. (We are currently verizon customers.)

-dave