Yes... this is kind of what I did. But... that breaks the RadioGroup,
as the RadioButtons are not direct children anymore - it has a
LinearLayout instead, so can't do anything with the radio buttons.

So, I had to create my own class which extended RadioGroup, and
implement my own handling of the radio buttons (switching the others
off when one is checked, returning the checked button, etc).

Got there in the end :-)