On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Sammy <pico...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering what the feasibility would be for creating a custom Android
> build

Feasibility: high.

>  and deploying it on a currently available device on the market.

Feasibility: not so high. There's a lot of business shenanigans that goes
into getting any version of Android on a handset, I presume. Manufacturers
and carriers are not likely to put any old custom build on their phones.

There is nothing stopping you from releasing your custom build though and
letting people with rooted phones install it for themselves.

> Are there any documents or guidelines that describe the process?

Try the Android Porting mailing group for starters.