I have an AbstractAccountAuthenticator that starts a AuthenticatorActivity from its addAccount().

The AuthenticatorActivity then starts a browser to do an OAuth handshake with the OAuth callback firing up a custom protocol handler (foo:///) which my AuthenticatorActivity then handles via onNewIntent() in order to complete the OAuth handshake.

in onNewIntent(), it calls setAccountAuthenticatorResult() and then finish() which pops it off the stack, but then leaves the user at an empty browser page.

I'd obviously like to have the empty browser activity finish and return, but can't quite figure out how. I've made the activity's launchMode singleTask in the AndroidManifest but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Anyone have any suggestions?

cheers,
steve
--