On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM, joebowbeer <joe.bowb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think the Moto Droid does this, but if you have one of the
> Samsung Galaxy S handsets (Vibrant, Captivate, etc) you can get
> composite video out (and stereo audio) using a camcorder cable.  The
> HTC Evo has HDMI out.

Every HDMI-out phone I have seen does not actually do HDMI-out of the
Android screen, but rather uses it in a dedicated fashion for playing
back videos from a device-specific app.

In addition to the Galaxy S' abilities, you can get composite out from
a Droid Incredible via a special USB cable.

The best software projector that I am aware of is dr...@screen:

https://gems.codaset.com/jens-riboe/droidatscreen

However, as Mr. Stratton noted, the refresh rate sucks, due to
limitations in the adb protocol.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.1 Available!