I am trying to do an HTTP POST of some data.  The following is a test
routine that I wrote to try and accomplish this:

        void Put()
        {
                HttpURLConnection connection = null;
                DataOutputStream outputStream = null;

                String urlServer =
"http://localhost:3571/mycmd.aspx?command=test";;
                String message = "This is a message";

                try
                {
                        URL url = new URL(urlServer);
                        connection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();

                        // Allow Inputs & Outputs
                        connection.setDoInput(true);
                        connection.setDoOutput(true);
                        connection.setUseCaches(false);

                        // Enable POST method
                        connection.setRequestMethod("POST");

                        connection.setRequestProperty("Connection",
"Keep-Alive");
                        connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
"application/octet-
stream");

                        outputStream = new
DataOutputStream( connection.getOutputStream() );
                        outputStream.writeBytes(message);

                        int serverResponseCode = connection.getResponseCode();
                        String serverResponseMessage =
connection.getResponseMessage();

                        outputStream.flush();
                        outputStream.close();
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                        int i = 0;
                //Exception handling
                }
        }

If I set urlServer to 'localhost' I get an exception:

java.net.ConnectException: localhost/127.0.0.1:3571 - Connection
refused

I am presuming that this is because the localhost is not being
resolved properly to my host machine (I am running under the
emulator).  Is there a way to access a localhost server on my host
machine from the emulator, or do I need a real IP address?

Thanks