Hi guys ,

1) I am trying to have a session time out feature in my application. I
want to display the login screen after a time   out   period. I
searched around for pointers for this problem and it seems like the
preferred way is to start and stop timers at onREsume and onPause(),
and start the login activity if the time out has occured.
 Is this is a optimal way? I would appreciate any other ideas to
achieve this.

2) After the timeout  login screen is displayed, if the user hits the
back button, I want to display home, and not any of the previous app
activities. When the user hits on the app icon again, she must be
taken back to login screen to resume. There are some security issues,
user must not be able to visit any activities unless the login is
authenticated. The timeout must be handled at client(device) side, as
this app is doing only pull operations.
 - I thought of using the clearTaskOnLaunch, which might take care of
using going back to home if back button is hit. But I guess user
cannot go back to the activity he/she was doing. Any ideas

Thanks,
-vk