Hello,

This seems like a basic question but I’ve been struggling with it and need
another set of eyes to set me straight.

I’m trying to draw a line using code in a RelativeLayout and it’s not
showing up.  I have this XML file:

<?xml version=*"1.0"* encoding=*"utf-8"*?>

<shape xmlns:android=*"http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"*

android:shape=*"line"*>

    <stroke android:width=*"1dp"* android:colora=*"#0000FF"*/>

    <size android:height=*"15dp"* />

</shape>

I use this file when drawing a line from straight XML and it works fine.

But now I’m trying to use it to draw a line dynamically, in this code…

ScrollView sv = *new* ScrollView(*this*);

      RelativeLayout relativeLayout = *new* RelativeLayout(*this*);

             relativeLayout.setBackgroundResource(R.drawable.*gradient_box*
);

      sv.addView(relativeLayout);

      ImageView imageLineView2 = *new* ImageView(*this*);;

      imageLineView2.setBackgroundResource(R.drawable.*dividing_line_1*);

      RelativeLayout.LayoutParams lpEndOfInfoLineId2 =

       *new* RelativeLayout.LayoutParams(

*           *RelativeLayout.LayoutParams.*WRAP_CONTENT*,

     RelativeLayout.LayoutParams.*FILL_PARENT*);

      relativeLayout.addView(imageLineView2,lpEndOfInfoLineId2);

      // have buttons, text, and images here that show up fine.

      *this*.setContentView(sv);

It uses the same background as my successful use from the XML file so I
don’t think it’s blending into the background.

Do any of you have any suggestions on what I’m missing?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin