If I understand you correctly, I think you're advising me to do what I
may have already tried:  copy MyCustomParcelable.aidl (which contains
only a package statement and a "parcelable MyCustomParcelable"
statement) into my second app's source tree.

I just tried it again, and that does not work.  It does not even work
if I copy over MyCustomParcelable.java

I'm at a bit of a loss, I think.  The aidl file copied over should be
at its proper (package-relevant) place in the directory hierarchy,
right?
I wonder if there is a bug caused by the fact that the custom
parcelable is not in the same package as the interfaces that are
trying to use it.

tone