Hi everyone,

I am trying to find the best way to consistently identify a unique
subscriber using an Android phone to download content like ringtones,
wallpaper, games, etc. When an Android phone browses my web-based
content storefront using the phone's browser over 3G, I am able to get
the phone number from the headers sent to my server. However, when a
content download begins, the phone retrieves the content using a
different application, and therefore does not send the same headers
and does not maintain the same HTTP session, preventing me from
getting the phone number and preventing me from seeing this phone as
the same subscriber that was browsing earlier. Is there any other way
to uniquely identify the subscriber on the server-side when this
happens? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!