I agree that from the description in his post, it is not really clear
that it gets him "off the hook" at all. But perhaps he was assuming
the reader knows something about maven.

But I am more concerned about his step 3, which sounds like a recipe
for trouble: copying the build. Now how do you maintain all the copies
and keep them in sync? Or if they are not in sync, how do you keep
each one of them up to date with whatever peculiar needs they have? It
sounds suspiciously like keeping the same information in more than one
place, a classic no-no.