I'm trying to get some basic location code working, I've started from
the standard hello world type app, and have changed it to print the
current location. with the following code.

package com.android.tracker;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Context;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.location.Criteria;
import android.location.Location;
import android.location.LocationManager;
import android.widget.TextView;

public class AndroidTracker extends Activity {
   @Override
       super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
       TextView tv = new TextView(this);
       LocationManager lm =
(LocationManager)getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);

       Location loc = lm.getLastKnownLocation("GPS");
       String pos = loc.toString();
       tv.setText(pos);
       setContentView(tv);
   }
}

However the getLastKnownLocation is returning null in the emulator.
Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Dave.