the first picture never loads with the while loop.  Once the loop is
removed the first picture loads just fine.  right now it doesn't load
the first pic, but will show the second after 5 seconds.
Thanks

//start with picture 1
main.setImageResource(R.drawable.pic1);

//after 5 seconds load another picture
int pause = 5;
 while ( System.currentTimeMillis() <= startTime + (pause * 1001)){
                if (System.currentTimeMillis() >= startTime + (pause * 1001)) {
                        main.setImageResource(R.drawable.pic2);

                }}