On Nov 8, 1:29 pm, Christoph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After onResume(), when the Activity is already displayed,
> onServiceConnection() gets eventually called. But I cannot get any
> information from the service before then, as described above in
> onResume().

Right. No point in even trying to run code in onResum that has a
dependency on the service
.I suggest reorganizing the code so that your activity is the listener
rather than the inline
class you posted.

   public void onResume() {
       boolean result = bindService(pigeon_service, this, 0); // 0 =
do not auto-start
   }
   public void onPause() {
       unbindService(this);
   }
   public void onServiceConnected(ComponentName className, IBinder
service) {
      service = SomethingService.Stub.asInterface(service);
      run_code_that_depends_on_the_service();
   }

Don