I kind of managed this the other day in a hackish sort of way. I
wanted to use an open source RSS library that used java.beans.** Java
classes, which aren't in Android. So I downloaded the source for those
classes from the Apache Harmony project, ripped out all the references
to AWT stuff, and got the library source code imported and compiling
against it. Then I refactored the packages to notjava.beans.**. So
anyway, sometimes you can work out a substitute for the missing Java
classes and alter all references to point to that substitute.