I'm very new to Android programming, but have put a Live Wallpaper on
the market, and its doing surprisingly well.

I'm very pleased.

What I want do is make some money out of it, but I don't know the
technical architecture to use.

What I want is for users to be able to change the settings of the
wallpaper far more directly than through the whole wallpaper settings,
and tie that settings screen it into an application that I sell.

I can intercept a single tap and hence a double tap on a blank area of
the screen in a wallpaper, and do already in my app. Could I use this
to fire up a regular application to edit the wallpaper settings? Could
I pick from two settings screens, depending on whether they had
installed my paid app? How would I send the settings back? Could I use
intents?

What about the other way? Could I have a desktop app which sent
settings info to a Live Wallpaper? What if it isn't running? Can I/
should I try and communicate through the SD file system - although its
only a few hundred bytes of data?

Finally, as I want to sell a premium version, can my Live Wallpaper
check to see if the premium version is installed?

Sorry, I have no idea, but my product is doing well and I want to do
this properly ... please help!