It is the binary certificates that the app is signed with.  Hopefully you
are only signing with one cert, so there is only one Signature in the array.

As for how to use it -- well it is the raw cert.  You can get it as the raw
binary data, or as encoded ASCII characters:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/pm/Signature.html

For what to do with it...  up to you.  You can just do a raw comparison with
the binary data to see that it is your cert.  Or do other more tricky stuff
(take the data, stuff it away, do things that depend on it in various ways,
who knows).