On Oct 3, 3:51 pm, DraganA <dand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if anyone knows whether the built in media player uses some
> kind of caching of mp3 files ID3 tag information, because after I
> change the tag of a file it doesn't show the updated data. Only after
> the phone restart, I guess after /sdcard remount, does it show correct
> tag info.

Android has the MediaScanner that looks at the media on the device
(internal and external storage) and builds a database of the tags for
MP3 (and other files). This runs one start-up and can be triggered by
sdcard mount/unmount. There is an open API to the MediaScanner that
you can use to tell it to re-scan a single file.

See scanFile in the MedisScannerConnection class.
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaScannerConnection.html#scanFile(android.content.Context,
java.lang.String[], java.lang.String[],
android.media.MediaScannerConnection.OnScanCompletedListener)

--
Jeremy Wadsack