I have a imageView, editText and textView  within a LinearLayout. I
would like to animate the EditText onTouch, to make it twice as taller
and display a softkeyboard so that users can type into it. I cannot
figure out if I should write some custom logic in applyTransformation
of  animation class which extends android.view.animation.Animation
class OR go with a viewSwitcher which switches  to a different view
with bigger EditText. I would like to have a smoother transition if
possible. If there is another way of getting the same result, I would
greatly appreciate some pointers on that as well.

Also, any thoughts if onTouch is the right event i should be listening
to?

Thanks in advance!

Santoash