Hi,

I have my application which creates an audio file. I need to forward
this file via Android Email app. But on calling the email intent, I
get a permission denial.

I am calling the email app like this:
                Uri  emailUri = Uri.parse("content://com.android.email.provider/
account");
                Cursor cursor = mCr.query(emailUri, null, null, null, null);

I get an exception :
java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: reading
com.android.email.provider.EmailProvider uri
content://com.android.email.provider/account
from pid=1721, uid=10031 requires
com.android.email.permission.ACCESS_PROVIDER

I have set the email permission in my Manifest file:
<uses-permission
android:name="com.android.email.permission.ACCESS_PROVIDER"></uses-
permission>

When I am launching the app, I get this "Not granting access" message
in the ddms logs:
WARN/PackageManager(90): Not granting permission
com.android.email.permission.ACCESS_PROVIDER to package
com.mplayer.application (protectionLevel=3 flags=0xbe44)

Can I not open the android email app from my application.
I am working on Android 2.2

Thanks,
Priyank